On December 1st our ward had its Young Women in Excellence program. I had video-interviewed all our young women's mothers asking them what value she thought her daughter exemplifies most, and then created a movie adding music and pictures of the girls. It was really fun. So... since the girls were the stars of the show, we did a Hollywood theme and had them dress their fanciest. The YW secretary did all the decorations and food. It was an awesome night. 23 out of 25 girls came and all the moms but one (who lives out of state) were there!!




She even made star cookies and frosted them and the little note says "YOU are the
star of your own PERSONAL PROGRESS"

She made this big poster that has all the values on it and the girls got their pictures taken with boas and walked the "red carpet"

This is my Beehive class. Another 2 have turned 12 since then and we have quite a big group now!

After cleaning up, the secretary gave me all the balloons. So Emily was in charge of them. We got a ride home with Taylor in the Honda civic. The balloons wouldn't fit, so he opened the moon roof and his friend, Markus held on to the balloons tight as we zoomed through the night with them flailing out the top. It was wild! He had his music on and we laughed at all the people who gave us double takes.
2 comments:
Wow! This definately turned out awesome! You always do the most amazing things Tiff. I'm sure all the YW will want copies of your movie. I can see the balloon car now...:)
I love Emily's outfit! And I would have loved to see the balloons in the car!
Post a Comment