We took off to California after church, Sunday, December 19th. We had to run to the house even though we had packed the car before going to church. We grabbed food and a couple of things then locked the door and climbed in the car.
As we were driving down the driveway, Sr. D. asked if there was anything else we had forgotten. Immediately I thought of something! So we drove right back up the driveway and I ran in.
As we were driving BACK down the driveway, Sr. D. asked if there was anything else we had forgotten. Immediately I thought of something! So we drove right back up the driveway and I ran in.
Then, as we were driving back down the driveway, Sr. D. asked if there was anything else we had forgotten. Immediately I thought of something! So we drove right back up the driveway and I ran in. At this point, we started laughing and this repeated itself another 2 or 3 times!
We got a couple of blocks away and were at a red light. (Still in the residential neighborhood) The light turned green and we accelerated and in the intersection, our van's back door opened up and half of our stuff tumbled out into the street. Some really good barbecue sauce in a glass jar was in that stuff and it got on some of the stuff. People at the intersection jumped out of their cars with us and helped get it back in the van. Heather and Taylor couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes!
We finally got all back in order and de-barbecued and were off. Two and a half long days of driving. We stayed in a hotel that had a stray cat outside. I don't know how WE get so lucky! Emily is a stray cat magnet I think. She wanted to take it with us and still holds us in contempt for not allowing it.
We had such a great time, I forgot to pull out my camera even once!!! I am so mad!!!! Thank you so much Uncle John, Aunt Val, and Alison, Sarah and Lauren for a wonderful evening! We will visit longer next time and give you earlier warning!:)
After another long day, we arrived at Grandma and Grandpa Scott's in Modesto, California!!! Yea! Spencer had flown into Modesto a couple of nights earlier and it was so good to see him again! Uncle James was also there and it was a mini reunion! "We're not all here John."
Here are Heather and Emily ready for bed. This zebra blanket was a Christmas present that day from a patient of Grandpa Scott, and it was a well used and loved blanket the whole time we were there.
Taylor getting some pointers from Grandpa the pro guitarist.
I don't think I ever see a prettier tree than my mother's. It was perfect.
I had a darling picture right here of a close-up of the tree and a cute Santa ornament, but it somehow got deleted.
Then I tried sticking a video of the kids posing in their new Buc'ees pajama pants, but it messed a ton up, and delayed this post by at least three weeks, so I'm moving forward again.
This is Christmas morning before the rush to see the presents.
Taylor and Emily wanted to play in the snow. Aunt Allisa let them borrow her sled.
3 comments:
Oh, I loved seeing all of this!!! I loved all the random, but everyday stuff that you got pictures of. And the comment about what Sr.D. did at the "sledding" made me laugh out loud. (And the part about how many times ya'll had to keep going inside...) Yay for family trips!!
I went to a sledding place like that growing up. But we were a lot more bundled up than you guys because it was nighttime in MA and it was freezing. It was the closest I've ever come to having frostbite.
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip!
Thanks for the memories of the wonderful time we had when you were here with us for Christmas! You made a great effort to drive all the way to California, but we are so glad you did! We miss you, but we will always treasure Christmas 2010.
Post a Comment