Monday, October 18, 2010

A Possum in the Garbage

I found a possum in our garbage can the other day. It was gross. Emily was fascinated and took pictures and named it and thought it was cute. So I can post about it thanks to her. It was garbage day and I hoped to say goodbye to Freddy Freeze when the truck came by, but it was not my fortunate day. The garbage man noticed the hermit vermin, knocked the can over, "kicked the bucket" and the marsupial scuttled to our side yard. Eventually he got in our backyard and, we think, his "home" under our backyard shed. Oh goody!

So there's our "Creature Feature" for this October!

5 comments:

Amy Coons said...

Ew. I think it is the tail that makes them gross. I would have probably screamed when I saw it (or a very loud gasp!) Interesting that the garbage man knew not to take him...sounds like he comes across it enough. Sorry about your new pet.

Emily Janis said...

you didn't say why i named him freddy freeze. well kind of like in the movie 'over the hedge', possumes 'play dead', but our possum just freezes in place, and doesn't move for ages. :>

emily

Mindy Janis said...

He's going to eat our garden when we get it planted-should I say if we get it planted! What an adventure.

Kylee said...

Ewwww. Emily has such a sweet heart to see beauty in freddy freeze.

heather lorraine said...

That's disgusting.