Yummy, yummy! We have been drinking breakfast at our home for over 1 1/2 years now and we love it and can't get enough! I thought the blender full of fruit looked almost like a work of art so I grabbed my camera and captured the breakfast process. We have a peach, 2 bananas, an apple, plum, strawberries, and a partridge in a pear tree- just kidding- a pear in here.
I added a little water, some ice and blended it up, then added about 4 handfuls of spinach and a tablespoon of coconut oil. The spinach tones down the sweetness and we get a salad for breakfast without even noticing! It only takes a couple of days to get used to the spinach flavor.
Here is our milk making process for the past 2 years: 1/2 c. raw almonds and 3 c. water.
Blend for a minute and you have frothy white almond milk! What to do about the almond meal?
Cut a piece of white muslin, stick it in a bowl and pour the milk in. Gather it up, twist and squeeze the milk out. I feel like I'm milking. :) I usually dump it back in the blender and add some ice and blend it up to make the milk cold.
It's so great! Very fresh. And sometimes I keep the almond meal and use it as a facial scrub in the shower. It's a great, but messy body scrub too.
1 comment:
That blender full of fruit looks so good!!! And I will have to try the almond milk the next time I'm at your house. :)
Post a Comment