We celebrated sister Whitney's graduation. A BYU trivia game, a chocolate cake and the cougar fight song!
Then we celebrated Hanukkah. Menorahs with candles burning, potato latkes sizzling in oil, the miracle of lights story, and a dreidel game made for a magical evening.
Then came Christmas Eve and the celebration of our Savior's birth. Great actors (shepherds with fashionable towels and robes, angels with silver garland halos, Elizabeth, Mary, and Joseph who did their part to the tee, and a darling babe in the manger) great singing and an especially great spirit!
December 26th we celebrated cousin Christian's birthday. I was too wrapped up in Christian's party to remember to take pictures except when cousin Julie was deep in decorating a fuzzy wuzzy teddy bear cake! I did get Christian after his nap on Aunt Val's lap on his b-day though, and some group shots too.
December 27th was a day I had been anticipating since Damon Jr. turned 8 years old: an Eagle Court of Honor. And this was the day of all scouting days, the culmination of years and tears, a triple Eagle court. We celebrated my three sons advancement to the rank of Eagle Scout. Grandma and Grandpa Janis, Uncle Roark and Uncle Daron's families came out, and the whole kaboodle of the Scott family (minus a much missed missionary) joined us in our grand celebration. TV cameras were there and an interview after the ceremony made me a bit tongue-tied. So many hands helped set up the dining hall and prepare foil dinners, which I can't say a big enough thank you to. I wish there was room enough for the slide show of the boys growing through their scouting years to be posted here. It was shown at the ceremony. I am so proud of my boys and their accomplishment!










4 comments:
First, those foil dinners were SOOOO good and it wasn't because I was camping and anything would taste good...they were just good!
Thank you so much again for hosting such big events. My family and I had a wonderful time, always to remember. :)
Yea!! I knew you would get some time to post eventually! Thanks again for all the effort for a fun-filled Christmas week! You must be very BORED now that all the scout stuff is finished up! LOL!! Talk to you soon!
Lots of fun! Congrats to Damon, Spencer, and Taylor for accomplishing a major milestone in their life! Nice Janis family picture by the way!
We had such a good time Tiffany!!! Thanks again for hosting all of us! We were quite the crowd. I love getting to see all of the pictures, Jacob and I were pretty big slackers this year when it came to taking our own pics. Congrats again to the buys for their Eagles. I am now waiting to know if I will have a little boy to go through the scouting program with...
Post a Comment