Pictures are worth a thousand words. But I was not a very good picture taker in December cause I drooled over Heather's and forgot to take my own. Well, I took a few.
It snowed in Texas and as it drifted down, the Christmas Spirit just floated in too!
The high school football team made it to the semi finals in state playoffs and here is Spencer loading up on a charter bus to take them to Austin for the game in the Longhorn Stadium. They got to miss a day of school and were put up in a hotel for the night. Those football players are royalty for sure!

We had a really nice Hanukkah this year. It was quiet, as we didn't invite anyone to join us. Brisket, latkes, green menorah jello, and this year homemade jelly-filled donuts! They will now be a new tradition. Yum!
Candles, food, a story, music, gifts, a game of dreidel, love and tradition made for a nice evening.
Our 22nd wedding anniversary found us celebrating on the sailboat in Kemah harbor. We had a really nice night sail, slept on the boat and took another sail the next day. The kids came down and joined us the next evening and we all spent the night on the boat. Good times!
It's a little cold on the water in the Gulf of Mexico!
Christmas Eve and unwrapping the mystery present...
It was so cold that we built a wonderful fire that glowed and created a cozy feel.

Christmas morning found Elder Janis' stocking lonely and empty. It looked so stark, I had to take a picture of it.
I much prefer the pictures without flash, but this one would be too dark. I think it was 6:30AM when we started assembling the kiddos on the stairs.
2 comments:
THANK you for posting these pictures! I didn't come out of the office long enough to catch any of my girls with MY family! We had such a great time and are so thankful for you.
How fun!!! First, I really love your tree this year (I saw another glimpse of it earlier on Heather's blog). Next, it's always fun to see the "stairs" picture. And, your anniversary trip sounded great and the cold picture is classic! That last picture of Damon with baby Hazel...although it's been a little while since babies were abound in your house (not to remind you again that they are crazy big), he looks quite a pro at it still.
Post a Comment