May 2nd rolled around as it does every year making me older. And as with each year of my life, I've learned a little more.
I have learned that counting my blessings and thanking my Heavenly Father for them can cheer me up fast and clear my head of negativity, doubt and fear.
I have learned that slowing down the pace of my life is so much more relaxing!
I have learned more about faith as an action word this past year. I truly had faith that the boys could have a triple eagle court of honor. I stressed and cried, but never gave up. And in spite of Spencer's initial resistance, and working around leaders' schedules and roadblock after roadblock, it came to pass.
I learned how to sail a boat.... and how to drive a motorcycle!
Being a Sunbeam teacher in Primary, I have learned more about Heavenly Father's love for me in the perfectly brilliant creativity He used to create this glorious world we have to live on. There isn't just one kind of tree, one kind of flower, one kind of animal, one type of landscape for us to admire and make this home pretty, there are thousands of different, unique, beautiful plants, animals, insects, flowers and terrains. The sky with clouds, rainbows and stars; our amazing, miraculous bodies. I feel His love more abundantly.
I'm glad I can still learn and that I have more of life to live and continue learning!
3 comments:
Words of wisdom -- gratitude. Don't you love the new manual for Nursery/Sunbeams? Thanks for being my sister and friend! Love you!
Happy Birthday again Tiff! Thanks for sharing all your thoughts. Those Sunbeams are lucky to have you!!!
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to leave a comment, but better late than never:)
What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday, by contemplating the things that you have learned during the past year. It is a blessing to know that no matter how old we get, we can still gain knowledge and (hopefully) wisdom. Again, Happy Birthday to you, Tiffany! What a precious daughter you are and always have been.
Post a Comment