It's a little tough being the only one excited to color Easter eggs, but then again, there's no competition and all control. Emily and I set it all up. Taylor ended up coloring his in a jiffy when Emily was almost done. (Plopping them into the cups and getting on the computer) Spencer was at a party, came home at 11 and quickly dunked his for a light-toned pastel feel. "That way the color stays on the outside of the eggs."
But Emily and I had fun. She used the wax crayon, experimented with the colors and I just watched and took pictures, trying to be semi creative. They were so colorful. Instead of floral arranging, we tried our hands at eggal arranging.

I did not have it put together to do Easter baskets on Saturday this year, so Sunday was the day. We have church at 9 so the basket and hunt were short and sweet. The boys each got an orange Texas tie and a little key chain that said "choose ye this day" and Emily got a very soft, darling Webkinz Jr. stuffed dog. I had sent Heather and Damon an Easter box and we missed their participation.


The hunt consists of finding peanut m&ms all over the living room. Unsanitary, but it's not like the candy is doing their bodies any great good either. The kids came out about even and they were all courteous with each other. Easter is always such a good-natured morning at our home. I sang in the choir, taught Primary, made dinner, had a sister in the ward over for dinner, watched a Mormon Message from Elder Holland and talked with my mom on the phone. A happy Easter!

3 comments:
We feel your pain, Tiffany! Dad and I colored no eggs this year, had no candy egg hunt, or any Easter baskets to fill :( Life is different when your children get older or leave home altogether. It looks like you still had fun!
You must have lot's of fun! Me, Jared, and Rachel were coloring eggs and we did lot's have pictures with a white crayon.:) I tried to put stickers on it but it just couldn't stick on.:( Oh well we had fun. We did you same Easter egg hunt as you did except we did chocolate eggs and our real eggs we colored and then we divided the chocolate equally. We had fun. But I wanted to make Easter Egg cookies and we didn't end up doing it. :( Oh well we had fun.
~Julie:)
Yummy M&Ms!!! We haven't colored eggs the last few years...a little nervous with Ryan...I've missed it! Nice job everyone!
Post a Comment